Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Star: Ashley Olsen says "I've Given Up Acting for Fashion"





Ashley Olsen: I've Given Up Acting for Fashion

Ashley Olsen has confirmed that she has given up acting to work full-time in the fashion business.


"I used to be in the entertainment industry," Mary-Kate’s twin tells Hamptons magazine, on sale now. "And now I feel passionate about the fashion industry. I understand what it takes to make a brand and to have an eye for product that sells. I don't have the time to step away for a month. I hold myself accountable every day."


Based in New York ("I can actually live here"), Ashley flies to her home in Los Angeles about every five weeks to visit her boyfriend, actor Justin Bartha of The Hangover and the company DualStar that she runs with her sister Mary-Kate, who she says "couldn't be more supportive" of her new career path. Because of her exhausting routine, she unwinds with yoga... and lots of junk food.

“I am literally the worst eater in the world," the self-professed "French fries and hamburger girl" tells the mag. "Being in the garment district, it's Subway or pizza. I never actually thought about what I eat." However, a recent yoga retreat made her rethink what she's been putting into her body. "I learned about cleansing and eating right for your body. I came back energized."

So does Ashley's new life mean she's done with acting forever? "Never say never," she says. But adds: "I really just love my job."

Courtesy of FGPR

No comments:

Post a Comment