Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Brooke Sheilds at Hamptons Magazine party




August 4, 2008


HANGIN’ IN THE HAMPTONS


Brooke Shields hangs in Southampton




Hamptons Magazine Founder and chief executive Jason Binn lured Brooke Shields and family to the Hamptons Friday, feting her with a private dinner party, with Nizuc residences and resorts, at Sara Herbert Galloway’s Southampton estate. But, says Shields, it wasn’t hard to get her out here. Looking around at the A-listers assembled, she told us: “Jason Binn has an uncanny way of bringing people together. My ‘Lipstick Jungle’ co-stars, Kim Raver, Lindsay Price, and I will be on the cover of Hamptons magazine, styled by Amanda Ross, who also styles the show. So, when he said we’re going to celebrate that, naturally, I came.”


Shields is a familiar face in the East End. “I’ve actually summered in the Hamptons since I was 3 years old,” she told us. “I’ve just never had the house. I’ve summered in everybody else’s house. I learned how to square dance, I learned how to swim, I learned so many things here.”

As an adult, Shields continues her family tradition of being homeless in the Hamptons. “Every summer we come out and stay in different people’s houses. If you invite us and actually mean it, we’re going to come!”


Once she gets here, she says, “The kids swim. Lots of water balloons are involved. And my husband is really good on the barbecue.” Turning to hubby Chris Henchey, she laughs, “I used to think we were invited for me, but now I know it’s for your culinary ability.”


What’s his secret? “It’s all in the dry rub,” says Henchey. We say, who wouldn’t appreciate a husband with a good dry rub?


Courtesy of FGPR

No comments:

Post a Comment